Here are some of the questions our parents frequently ask

If you have further questions, please contact us.

Questions and Answers

Are all childcare centers the same?

All childcare centers are not the same, we recommend that you schedule a tour of our facility so we can show you all that we have to offer you and your family.

What are the necessary credentials for being a childcare provider?

The Director of the Center requires a Bachelors Degree with credits in Early Childhood/related field or a NYS Children’s Program Administrator Credential along with supervisory experience. Teachers require an Associates Degree in the Childhood field or CDA with experience. The Infant Teacher has same requirements as a Teacher including 1 yr of specific experience in Infant/Toddler care. Assistant Teachers require a high school diploma/experience working with children.

Can I visit my child on my lunch hour?

At Masonic, we have an open door policy; allowing parents to stop in anytime during center hours.

What type of meals and snacks are provided?

Masonic meals are planned by a Registered Dietician and follow the guidelines of the Child and Adult Care Food Program. Breakfast, Lunch and afternoon Snack are all well balanced and nutritional.

Is there any extra cost for meals? If my child has allergies, can I bring my own food?

There is no extra cost for meals; they are included in the tuition rate. If a child has allergies, you will need to provide the center with a medical note stating the type of allergy and if food products will need to be substituted. It will be the parent’s responsibility to provide their child with the substituted products.

If my child is on a special diet either for medical or religious reasons, can these food concerns be followed?

Any child on a special diet will need a medical note stating the exact diet required and what procedures to follow concerning specific foods. Any child with religious food restrictions needs to provide the center with a note stating the exact restrictions.

Is the Center licensed by a state or federal agency? The center is licensed through New York State Office of Children and Family Services, (OCFS)

Do you have a safety plan regarding fire?

The center participates in monthly fire drills which follow all state rules and regulations. During the winter months drills are still performed on days that are weather friendly.

How can I be sure that my child will not be allowed to leave with anyone other than myself or a person I designate?

The Center is a secure facility with a camera/intercom entry. All families are given pick up cards to assign to the necessary person/s who will be allowed to pick up their child/ren. If the designated person/s does not provide the teacher with the required pick-up-card/license, the child will not be released until verbal confirmation from the parent is made.

Is there any financial assistance available?

Families are welcome to contact their Department of Social Services within the county of which they reside to see if they qualify for financial assistance.

Which days are the center closed?

The center is closed for the following holidays:

  • New Year’s Day
  • Memorial Day
  • Independence Day
  • Labor Day
  • Thanksgiving
  • Christmas

If the holiday falls on a Saturday, we will be closed the Friday before and if the holiday is on a Sunday we will be closed the following Monday.

What are the methods used by the staff to communicate with the parents?

The staff encourages open communication with families through phone calls, parent meetings, and communication logs which are provided in each room for parents to leave messages for teacher’s.

Can Masonic Child Care Center, administer medication?

The center is licensed to administer medications to children who are taking a controlled substance or emergency medications for an on-going medical condition that would require emergency treatment, as authorized by the child’s physician. ONLY staff who are MAT certified my administer medication. We DO NOT administer over-the-counter medication.

Can children be in daycare when they are ill? What are your guidelines?

Children are not to attend childcare if they are sick, parents will be contacted to pick up their child within the hour should they become ill while at the Center. For a more detailed guideline please call the Office.

How often do you go outside?

State regulations require the children to go outdoors everyday, weather permitting. If you feel your child is too ill to participate outdoors with their class, they should not attend.

How can I pay for child care?

Masonic Child Care Center offers many options for families to make tuition payments. Employees and Mason’s children are eligible for tuition discounts. You may pay by cash, check, Direct Deposit, PayPal or credit/debit cards (accepted through PayPal).