Physical Therapists can provide care for you in your home.
Some of the services our physical therapists provide are:
- Our physical therapists will do a home safety evaluation and will work with you and your family on ways to improve your safety in your home (ie suggest the installation of grab bars in your shower, removal of obstacles in your walking path, or suggest a cane or walker to help with ambulation).
- Our physical therapists will provide education to you and your family on how to perform the home exercises for your improvement.
- After a cardiac or respiratory event our physical therapists can provide endurance training to help you regain your strength and mobility.
- If you have had joint replacement surgery our physical therapists can provide balance training and range of motion training to improve your ability to walk and transfer from different positions.
- Our physical therapists can provides strength training for weakness following a hospital or rehabilitation stay to improve your abilities to walk, lift, and/or climb stairs.
- If you have had a stroke our physical therapists come to your home to provide neuromuscular rehabilitation exercises to help your body re-learn movement.
Our Occupational Therapists will come to your home to provide care for you.
Some of the services our occupational therapists provide are:
- Our occupational therapists can help you improve your abilities to perform the activities of daily living such as dressing or bathing. This will give you more independence to do these tasks with less and less assistance from another person.
- If a weakness in your upper extremities is diagnosed, our occupational therapists can provide strengthening exercises to help you attain better overall movement and use of your upper body.
- Our occupational therapists can make recommendations on assistive devices to help you perform the activities of daily living, such as a sock aid to assist with dressing or a shower chair to assist in safety with bathing.
Our Speech Therapists will come to your home to provide care for you.
Some of the services our speech therapists provide are:
- Our speech therapists will evaluate your ability to swallow safely, and may recommend diet modifications and feeding techniques to improve your swallowing ability.
- If you have had a stroke our speech therapists may help you with improvement of your expression, comprehension, and articulation.
- Our speech therapists can assist with, and make recommendation for, adaptive devices to help you in your improvement of your communication.